We can help you or your employees return to work after illness, disease or injury.
We have helped many adults to return to work after treatment for injuries, disease or illness that have interfered with their ability to return to work.
Our experienced team of occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists and social workers assists employees to meet workplace demands when performance problems occur.
We work with individuals who have a wide variety of medical conditions, such as Concussions/mTBI, Stroke, Depression, Chronic Pain, Multiple Sclerosis, and Parkinsonism.
Once you or your employee are given medical clearance or are ready to return to work, work performance difficulties may become apparent. These include but are not limited to:
Physical difficulties such as:
- Poor dexterity.
- Reduced mobility.
- Decreased strength.
Cognitive and Communication difficulties such as:
- Reduced concentration.
- Reduced attention
- Poor working memory.
- Limited multi-tasking ability.
- Impaired verbal, and written communication skills.
- Impaired speech.
- Decreased initiation.
- Feelings of being overwhelmed.
- Decreased confidence.
Psycho-social behavioural difficulties such as:
- Lack of confidence.
- Poor self-esteem.
- Altered social interaction.
- Problems managing stress.
- Problems managing pain.
Multi-faceted difficulties are addressed through the development of an individualized, comprehensive, on-the-job return-to-work program. Our team of vocational experts provides coaching as well as therapeutic and technical guidance based on the following model:
Short Term Intensive
- A job analysis is completed in that outlines the essential tasks and duties of the job.
- A work performance evaluation is obtained from both the employee and employer.
- A profile of the employee’s vocational strengths and areas of challenge is developed.
- An assessment of the employers’ organizational structure is completed.
You or your employee are ready to begin…
On-The-Job Intervention- 10 sessions
- A short-term individualized 10 session program is provided, based on the data collected.
- Regulated professionals teach specific compensatory techniques that the employee can use to complete the essential tasks and duties of the job at an optimal level.
- The employer is taught effective ways to accommodate the employee while at the same time maintaining a productive and supportive work environment.
You or your employee have had some success but there is need of further intervention…….
- On-going barriers to maintaining work performance are evaluated.
- Referrals are made to leading professionals who will assist the employee to overcome barriers to employment.
- Once these barriers are addressed goal-specific strategies to use in the workplace are developed and taught.
Contact us to find out more about how our individualized return-to-work program can assist you and your employee meet demands at the workplace...